Part two in the series on The Theology of God.
If Genesis 1:1 begins to reveal God’s power, then the second attribute that is revealed is that he is relational.
- We get the first hint of this in 1:27 where mankind are created in God’s own image.
- In 2:8–14 God lovingly creates Eden as a beautiful place for Adam to live.
- In 2:18 his compassion for Adam leads to the creation of Eve
- 3:8 implies that he had a daily relationship with them.
- At the heart of Genesis 3 is a damaged relationship and a promise of future restoration